The Merlin WR200. Image courtesy of IKM.

Norway-based IKM Subsea won a $16 million contract with Italy’s Eni Monday to provide remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) services for the Scarabeo 7 drill rig in offshore Indonesia.

The contract has an initial duration of two and a half years. Additional option periods were not disclosed.

IKM Subsea is an independent ROV manufacturer and operator.

IKM will mobilize equipment from its Norway headquarters but will run the project from its Singapore office.

IKM will deploy its Merlin WR200 and Sub Atlantic Mohican Observations ROVs and will provide all necessary toolings and personnel onboard to support the operations.

Eni plans to drill at least a dozen wells with Scarabeo 7 at its Muara Bakau production sharing contract in offshore Indonesia by the first quarter of 2017.

Eni is the operator of Muara Bakau and holds a 55 percent stake. France-based GDF Suez holds the remaining 45 percent stake.

Eni’s lease of Scarabeo 7 ends in February 2018.

Scarabeo 7 is owned by Italy-based Saipem, a subsidiary of Eni.


Leave a Reply