The Scott platform. Image courtesy of Nexen.

The Rochelle oil and gas field in the UK North Sea will remain offline for a third consecutive week as the Scott platform operating at the site undergoes additional repairs.

The field, operated by Houston-based Endeavour International, was taken offline on September 15 for planned maintenance to repair the
dry gas export compressors on the platform.

Although the export compressors were successfully repaired the gas cooler failed a leak test during commissioning.

The Scott FPSO, operated by Calgary-based Nexen, will be offline until the gas cooler is repaired.

Rochelle production is not expected to start up again before October 10.

The field is located in block 15/27 in about 460 feet of water approximately 115 miles northeast of Aberdeen, Scotland.

Endeavour operates the block and holds a 55.6 percent stake. Nexen holds the remaining 44.4 percent interest.

The Scott platform produces crude oil and natural gas from the Scott, Telford and Rochelle fields.


Leave a Reply