Image courtesy of Total.

A joint venture between France’s Total and Russia’s Novatek kicked off gas and condensate production Wednesday at the onshore Termokarstovoye field in Northern Siberia.

The field, located in the Yamalo Nenets Autonomous District of the Russian Federation, has a combined production capacity of 65 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day.

Termokarstovoye will produce about 6.6 million cubic meters of gas and 20 thousand barrels of condensate per day.

The field started up ahead of schedule and below budget, Total said.

The project’s infrastructure is adapted to arctic conditions and includes a gas gathering network, a gas treatment plant, a gas condensate de-ethanization facility and export pipelines.

The field’s development plan calls for 22 directional wells to be drilled from four different pads.

The Termokarstovoye field is operated by Terneftegas, a joint venture between Russia’s Novatek and Total.

Novatek holds a 51 percent stake in the joint venture and Total holds the remaining 49 percent stake.

The Termokarstovoye field is the fourth Total field to come onstream this year.

“We are delighted with the start up of Termokarstovoye, the first project executed together with our strategic partner in Russia Novatek, with whom we are also jointly developing the Yamal LNG project,” Total’s Senior Vice President Exploration & Production, Europe and Central Asia Michael Borrell said.

Total and Novatek are also partners in the Yamal LNG project, currently under construction in the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous District.


Leave a Reply